East Putney, Oxford Road
£115.00 per night
- Second floor attractive, spacious double bedroom, in elegant period house,
- Bedroom overlooking the walled garden with a private bathroom
- You will feel as though you are staying in an attractive and spacious country house
- Just two minutes to the London Underground station and Over ground British Rail trains to Waterloo and Victoria stations
- Fibreoptic Broadband; Wi-Fi
- Off-street parking available for £16.00 per day (£37.00 per day on street parking with meter) payable directly to host.
- Generous Continental breakfast included in the price. (Cooked English breakfast provided at supplement £5.00 per person payable directly to Host.)
Bed and breakfast accommodation in East Putney, south west London
East Putney, with its classic Victorian terraced houses and gardens, lies on the south side of the river Thames where in April the historic annual Oxford and Cambridge boat race begins. There are great transport links – 20 minutes by rail to Waterloo or by underground to central London, one hour to Windsor, and frequent buses to central London passing the museums in South Kensington, Harrods in Knightsbridge, and the Kings Road.
A pretty, suburban, and lively area with lots of things to do within easy reach including the River Thames and the King’s Road, Chelsea
Putney is a friendly, peaceful neighbourhood with plenty to do writes one of our hosts. Visitors have enjoyed visiting St Mary’s Church, Putney, a beautiful old church where Oliver Cromwell debated with others the future of the Monarchy. Now refurbished it is a great venue for classical concerts as well as for worship. The Thames at Putney, flowing between Fulham and Putney, is edged by some glorious old pubs serving real ales to enjoy while watching all the boating activity. The Bulls Head, Barnes: situated on the river, this pub plays host to the best in British Jazz, both mainstream and avant garde. Tremendous atmosphere and value.
Barnes itself is a beautiful village only a short walk along the river from Putney. Richmond, an elegant and bustling part of suburban London on the River with great tow path walks, Georgian architecture, good restaurants, two theatres and a huge village green where you can watch the cricket. Easy train ride from Putney. Quick train ride from Putney Station on the overground to Kew Bridge.
Putney is right on the river and you can spend days walking the tow path, stopping off and visiting places on the way, crossing bridges, dropping in on pubs, just enjoying river life and exploring.
Nearest tube station
- East Putney (District line) zone 2.