How To Book
There are various ways you can book with us. You need to inform us which way you would prefer:
- Bookings totalling under £200.00 will require payment in full at the time of booking.
- Payment for bookings totalling over £200.00 where arrival date is within 4 weeks will require payment in full at the time of booking.
- Payment for bookings totalling over £200.00 where arrival date is more than 4 weeks away can pay a deposit at the time of booking, and balance 2 weeks before arrival.
- Some Hosts are willing to accept the balance in cash on arrival.
Paying Deposit/Part Payment upfront and remaining amount paid on or before 2 weeks prior to arrival:
If your stay is more than 2 months ahead and total cost of stay is more than £200.00 (Two Hundred Pounds), you can use this option. Once you selected your ideal property and availability is confirmed with the Host family, we will take a deposit/part payment which usually corresponds to about 20% of total cost. You need to pay the remaining amount two weeks before the arrival date. You can use either secure Sage Pay or secure WorldPay to do this. There is one single additional £10 administration/booking fee charge added to each booking whichever payment option selected.
Using secure Sage Pay system and paying total amount of your stay:
- Make your choices: click on a home, select your room, the number of nights and ADD TO LIST. If you need to book more than one bedroom in the same home you also need to add that bedroom to list.
- Choose several homes in this way and you will see your selected homes in the sidebar. (It is helpful to be given a few choice preferences)
- When you have finalised your choices click on BOOK NOW in the sidebar which will take you to the booking form which you should complete with all the required information and submit
- We will try to book you into your first choice and if not available will go to your other choices in order of preference. If none of your choices are available we will not debit your card and will suggest alternatives
- We aim to confirm your booking within 24 hours of receipt of your credit card or bank transfer payment. Please note there is one single £10 administration/booking fee charge for each booking. Your card is only debited when we have arranged your stay in a home of your choice.
We work very quickly. Please contact us if you have not had a reply to your booking request or enquiry within 24 hours – very occasionally an email does not arrive through no fault of ours.
Using secure World Pay system to pay part payment or total amount of your stay:
Whichever method you select to pay, In order to proceed with your booking we require part payment/ deposit or full payment where applicable, only when a host family of your choice accepts your booking. We will email you all the confirmation details within 24 hours and will let you know that payment has been taken. If the homes of your choice are not available we will not take payment from your card. Instead we will let you know and email you with other suggestions.
There is one single additional £10 administration/booking fee charge added to each booking.
You can also select the option to pay by a secure link payment from WorldPay. In this case you will receive a secure payment request from WorldPay to your e-mail address, and you can pay it directly to them. Once we receive the payment confirmation from WorldPay, we will complete the booking process for you and send you a Final Booking Confirmation.
Remember that we are here to help and advise you if you need any assistance. Please do not hesitate to e-mail us at email@example.com or even call us on ++ 44 (0) 1474 708 701 if you prefer.
CONDITIONS OF BOOKING as advised by your accommodation provider:
- Within 14 days, 100% of total accommodation
- 15-27 days prior, 50% of total accommodation
- 28 days or more prior, 20% of total accommodation
- Visitors requesting a last minute booking are advised that payment is non-refundable if the booking is cancelled or visitors fail to arrive.
- We are unable to make any refund for unused accommodation but we will always do our best to re-let the accommodation and therefore offer a refund.
- LBB Agents Ltd acts as agents only. Our service is to provide information to assist you in choosing suitable accommodation. Whilst we have taken every care to ensure the quality of the accommodation, LBB Agents Ltd cannot accept responsibility for guest dissatisfaction which is the responsibility of your accommodation provider with whom you have booked. However in the unlikely event of any dissatisfaction we would request that you advise us during the period of your stay so that we can investigate this further.
- Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure that when necessary your passport and visa are valid to allow you entry into the UK. If you are refused entry, our cancellation charges as above will apply.
FOR THE ABOVE REASONS YOU ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO TAKE OUT APPROPRIATE COMPREHENSIVE TRAVEL INSURANCE to cover you in the event of cancellation through illness or other valid reasons and also in the event of loss of personal belongings. Please speak to your Travel Agent about this.
Please also note that if your trip is cancelled because of adverse weather conditions, volcanic ash, any other kind of world events or your own personal reasons, however unfortunate, then our booking conditions will still apply. We will always do our best to re-let your accommodation and arrange a refund.
We do hope this information will help you to complete the booking form which we look forward to receiving.
One night stays
One night stays can be arranged with a few of our Hosts in our private homes with supplementary charge. Two consecutive night stays are welcome.
Children under 5
If you are bringing children under the age of 5 years, please advise us at time of enquiry. Also provide the ages of the children as not all Hosts are able to accept young children due to health and safety reasons.
Check in / out times
Early check-in: If your bedroom is not ready you will be able to leave your luggage and come back later. If it is ready you are welcome to use it. Please reconfirm your arrival time with your host.
Late arrival: If you are arriving later than 10.00 pm on the first night of your stay please let us know at the time of booking as it may not be possible to arrange your stay for that night in certain homes.
Check-out: You are generally expected to vacate your bedroom by around 10.30 am on the day of departure. You can leave your luggage to collect later by arrangement with your host family.
A generous continental breakfast is included in the price. Some of our families offer a cooked breakfast with an additional charge and this is mentioned on the accommodation details. Our hosts will always do their best to fulfil your dietary requirements.
Parking and transport
You will find that having a car in London, especially in or close to the centre, is difficult and frustrating because of the many parking restrictions and charges. There is a daily £11.50 Congestion Charge (payable from 7am – 6pm Monday-Friday) for drivers travelling into certain central areas of London. Please check with the official TFL Website for full details of Congestion Charges and T Charges for Diesel Vehicles . You can find homes offering parking under Amenities on the navigation bar. If you are coming by car please mention this at the time of booking so that we can advise you accordingly.
A travelcard (paper ticket) is useful if you plan to spend the whole day travelling around London on the tube, bus or rail, as you can hop on and off. An oyster card is better if you plan on making short single journeys on the bus or tube and saves you money on a cash fare. Please also note that many attractions may be within walking distance of each other which can often be a better way of exploring London, especially in the sunshine.
London Bed and Breakfast is part of Avanti Apartments Ltd. This policy explains how London Bed and Breakfast protects and processes your personal information. This policy is effective from 23rd of May 2018.
‘Your personal information’ means any information about you that you provide to us, or we produce in relation to our services offered or provided to you.
- Customers and prospective customers
- Guests and prospective guests
- Our business clients or suppliers and their personnel
- Visitors to our websites
- Applicants for job opportunities
Your privacy is important to us, and so is being transparent about how we collect, use, and share information about you. This policy is intended to help you understand:
- London Bed and Breakfast’s Privacy Principles
- What information London Bed and Breakfast collects about you
- Why London Bed and Breakfast collects this information and how we use it
- How we store and secure information we collect
- How long we keep information we collect
- How London Bed and Breakfast shares information we collect
- How London Bed and Breakfast transfers information we collect internationally
- Your rights and other important privacy information
- How you can access and control your information held by London Bed and Breakfast
- www.londonbb.com website
- Online payment web pages used to collect payment
- Online contact us pages used to offer property options by email
1- London Bed and Breakfast’s Privacy Principles
- London Bed and Breakfast is committed to safeguarding the privacy and security of your information.
- We will only collect and use your information where we have lawful legitimate business reasons to do so.
- We will not ask for more information than we need for the purposes for which we are collecting it.
- We will update our records when you inform us that your details have changed.
- We have implemented and adhere to information retention policies relating to your information.
- We will ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period required by law.
- We observe the rights granted to you under applicable privacy and data protection laws.
- We will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are promptly and courteously dealt with.
- Our staffs are trained on their privacy obligations.
- We will ensure there are appropriate measures in place to protect your information regardless of where it’s held and ensure that safeguards are in place before transferring your information to our Hosts
2- What information London Bed and Breakfast collects about you
The personal information we collect depends on the products and services you have, how you use them, how you made contact, enquired or booked and through which channel this was done. Depending on these factors, London Bed and Breakfast could hold any of the below personal information about you:
- Personal contact details such as a person’s name, title, home address, email address(es), telephone number(s)
- Other personal details such as a person’s gender, age, date of birth, place of birth, nationality, country of origin, marital status, child status
- Work contact details such as employer name, work address, job title, email address(es), telephone number(s)
- Other work-related details such as personnel Id, work grade, employment history, salary, references, length of service
- Government-issued identifiers such as passport, national insurance number, drivers licence, visas, right to rent status
- Financial details such as bank account details, payment card details
- Online identifiers such as IP Address(es)
- Sensitive personal data required to provide appropriate and respectful levels of service such as health conditions, allergies
- Social media content if provided by you in accordance and acceptance of this policy such as reviews, blogs
- User account details such as username, password (encrypted), security questions, security answers
- Contact and marketing preferences such as whether you have provided or withdrawn consent / subscribed or unsubscribed to contact methods (e.g. email, telephone), marketing campaigns, news, competitions or engaged with campaigns and promotions
- Job applicant details such as CVs, covering letters and any supporting documents
- Photos or documents that relate to any of the above points or required to manage our properties or business processes in accordance with this policy and our terms and conditions
3- Why London Bed and Breakfast collects this information and how we use it
Why we collect personal information and how we use the information we collect depends in part on which services you enquire about, order or use, how you use them, and any preferences you have communicated to us. Below are the specific purposes for which we use the information we collect about you.
- To respond to enquiries about our company or services from you.
- To provide products and services to you
- To bill and collect funds or debt for products and services
- To communicate with you about the services
- To market, promote and drive engagement with existing or potential services to existing or potential customers who have provided consent
- To personalise and customise your experience
- To provide customer support to you
- To provide account management to you or your employer
- To identify you and ensure safety and security of your data
- To comply with client or third party contracted requirements
- To engage with or procure services with third party providers for services relevant to your enquiry, order or service
- To protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights
- To report on and analyse the performance of our portfolio
- To develop our business and build a better understanding of what our customers want
- For research and development purposes
- To help protect you against fraud or other criminal activity
- To comply with any legal or regulatory obligations
- To respond to any law enforcement agencies
- To respond to any data access requests from you
- Any other reason that complies with our obligations that we can justify as a legitimate business reason
4- How we store and secure information we collect
London Bed and Breakfast uses a web and database hosting service in the United Kingdom for all personal information we collect, whether on our file network, websites or apps.
Our websites have up to date SSL certificates that provide robust authentication and encryption, to reassure you that your data and transactions are secure.
We restrict access to personal information so that only controllers and processors of the data that need it for legitimate business purposes have access to it.
We also have data use policies and training in place to ensure all our staff are responsible with your data and understand their obligation to protect it.
5- How long we keep information
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information and the type of interaction you have had with London Bed and Breakfast, as specified by the retention periods below. Prior to or at the point of the retention period being met, we will either delete or anonymise your information as applicable. Where more than one of the below categories applies to a piece of data, the longest retention period shall be enforced.
Personal Information related to Enquiries and Orders – If you have made an enquiry about or order for products or services or a third party has done so on your behalf, we will retain your information for no longer than 7 years from the point of your last enquiry or order.
Billing – If you have been billed by London Bed and Breakfast for any products or services, we will retain your information for no longer than 7 years from the point of billing of your last invoice.
Account Information: We retain your account information for as long as your account is active and a reasonable period thereafter in case you decide to re-activate the Services. We also retain some of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, to support business operations, and to continue to develop and improve our products and services.
Client contracts – If you’re an employee of a corporate client that specifies in our contract that data must be retained for reporting purposes on their behalf for a particular period, we will comply with that length of time where possible and where they have confirmed their responsibility as data controller in that regards.
Job Applicant details – CVs, covering letters, application forms and interview notes for unsuccessful candidates will be retained for no longer than 1 year. Successful candidates will have these files transferred to their personnel file, for which our retention period will not be covered by this document.
Other files and emails – We retain active, undeleted electronic files and emails for a period of no longer than 7 years, unless they have been identified as business critical and set to not be deleted.
Complaints – We retain complaints and responses to them for no longer than 6 years from closure.
In other cases, we’ll store personal information for the periods needed for the purposes for which the information was collected or for which it is to be further processed. And sometimes we’ll keep it for longer if we need to by law. Otherwise we delete it.
6- How London Bed and Breakfast shares information we collect
We only share your personal information where it is necessary for us to do so for legitimate business purposes, or if that is not the case, when you have provided consent for us to do so. We will only share personal information with other companies in our supply chain that we have verified are handling your details securely.
We do use third party service providers to process personal information on our behalf for the kinds of purposes set out below:
- Process payment or refund transactions
• Provide customer-service, marketing, infrastructure, financial, audit, operational or technology services
• Personalise our service and make it work better
• Carry out fraud and credit checks and collect debts
• Analyse and improve the information we hold (including about your interactions with our service)
• Run surveys
• To comply with legal, regulatory or law enforcement requirements
Where we use another organisation, we still control your personal information.
If there’s a change (or expected change) in who owns us or any of our assets, we might share personal information to the new (or prospective) owner. If we do, they’ll have to keep it confidential.
7- How London Bed and Breakfast transfers information we collect internationally
London Bed and Breakfast does not currently share personal data outside the UK.
8- Your rights and other important privacy information
London Bed and Breakfast is committed to compliance with Data Processing Laws and respecting your privacy. “Data Processing Laws” means (a) the Data Protection Act 1998 and any laws or regulations implementing Directive 95/46/EC; and/or (b) the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR); and/or any corresponding or equivalent national laws or regulations; and /or any corresponding or equivalent national laws or regulations; and any applicable laws replacing, amending, extending, re-enacting or consolidating any of the above DP Laws from time to time; For the purposes of the Data Processing Laws London Bed and Breakfast is the data controller.
GDPR provides you with 8 rights concerning the processing of your personal data. These are listed below:
- The right to be informed
• The right of access
• The right to rectification
• The right to erasure
• The right to restrict processing
• The right to data portability
• The right to object, and
• Rights related to automated decision making and profiling
To find out more information about these rights and our obligations, please visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website https://ico.org.uk
9- How you can access and control your information held by London Bed and Breakfast
If you have any questions or require details related to the personal information we hold about you, get in touch with our Data Protection Officer by
Or write to us at:
Data Protection Officer
London Bed and Breakfast
11 Penshurst Close
Kent DA3 7LN
If you are requesting access to your information, by law you will need to provide the below in your communication for us to be able to legally issue a full response to your request to access information, which we will do within one calendar month, free of charge.
- Full name
• Email address
• Telephone number
• Proof of ID (certified copy of passport, driving licence or government issued ID)
If you want to make a complaint on how we have handled your personal information, please contact our data protection officer who will investigate the matter and report back to you.
If you are still not satisfied after our response or believe we are not using your personal information in line with the law, you also have the right to complain to the data-protection regulator in the country where you live or work. For the UK, that’s the Information Commissioner’s Office – https://ico.org.uk.