Archway, Gresley Road
£64.00 – £80.00 per night
- Pretty first floor maisonette (on two levels)
- Living room and breakfast area is on top floor
- One double and one twin bedroom
- Very modern and fully tiled bath/shower room – shared
- Enjoy the panoramic views across London from the roof terrace
Bed and breakfast accommodation in Archway, north London
It is said that when Dick Whittington arrived at Archway he heard the Bow Bells ringing and turned back to London. Hence the name of the local hospital on Highgate Hill called the Whittington Hospital and a statue of Dicken’s cat stands in front of it. Highgate cemetery has many famous people buried there and many impressive tombstones, including that of Karl Marx. Waterlow Park is a delightful park in front of which stands Lauderdale House where concerts are held and art exhibitions take place. This was the love nest of Charles II, and was renovated in Victorian times. Here you can buy delicious home-made meals and enjoy the gardens and a wonderful aviary.
North London suburb with a lively mix of quiet streets, interesting shops, cafés and restaurants. Close to pretty Highgate village with its square where fairs and markets are held
Continue your walk up the hill into Highgate village which has a typical English village atmosphere. Just a short walk from here is the majestic Kenwood House with its historic landscaped park with beautifully sloping lawns and lakes and where open-air concerts are held in the summer.
Nearest tube station
- Archway (Northern Line) zone 2
- Very convenient for Highgate Village which is nearby